Quality Moving Companies
Quality moving companies in Hialeah offer a great deal of services. These services include things such as long distance moving, storage, and packing supplies. All of these things can help assure the prevention of damage to one’s property as well as ultimate convenience and organization. Even though one is ultimately paying for the safety and moving of their items, these extra services can seem like luxury.
First, many moving companies only offer short distance moves in Hialeah . Fortunately, many quality moving companies offer long distance moves as well. It is becoming more and more common for families to move long distances, so many moving companies are obsolete when it comes to how far they can help you move.
Next, if your move is planned for a long time, or you just need some extra room, then Hialeah storage is another service that may come in handy. For a price much cheaper than any other room you will rent, you can store a large amount of items for as long as you need. Quality companies always make sure to have working electricity, fair prices, and clean storage units. Lastly, if payments are no longer given to the storage company, then a quality company would make extreme attempts to contact you before making any decisions about what happens with your items.
Moving Companies - How To Choose A Local Mover
Moving can be such a daunting task, especially when you have a lot of belongings. You pack them up, the movers come get them, the movers move those items to your new home, and then you have to unpack the very things you had just packed. If there was only a better way, right? Well, until the technology for "packing robots" is developed, this is the only way in which packing is going to be done. But how about those things that the movers won't move? What do you do with those things? Most of all, what items will they not move? These are great questions because some individuals are not prepared for the answers.
What they won't move
Movers are pretty good about moving your belongings to your new home. However, there are some things you need to know before you start scrambling for the boxes and tape. Those things are what they won't move. Those things are:
o Pets - If you have pets, you need to make arrangements to move them. Hopefully you're not taping them up in boxes for the movers to move them. However, it is a federal regulation that prohibits them from being able to transport animals in their vans. That is why you must place your pet in a cage or carrier in your car and move your pet yourself.
o Plants - Not moving live plants is another thing that is federally regulated. There is an exception, though. That exception is if your destination is within 150 miles. If so, they can move them. Then again, you have to check with the movers and their individual policies.
o Flammable items - Moving companies cannot move anything flammable or combustible. That means you have to ensure that oil and gasoline are removed from lawn mowers, weed eaters, and other power equipment. They also cannot transport any type of fuel such as propane tanks, tiki torch oil, or gas cans.
o Hazardous chemicals - If you have pesticides or other items that can be considered hazardous, they are not able to move that either. Fertilizers and the such must not be placed within a moving van. This includes anything that is toxic. You must find another way to transport these items.
Not transporting these items are both for the safety of the moving companies and to protect your belongings when their inside of the moving van. It is quite understandable why you do not want flammable items in the van with your clothing and your furniture. It is also understandable why you do not want your pet in the back of the van either. The environment is unsafe for your furry friend.
Things to note
Also make a note that transporting personal items should be done by you. This is in references to essentials such as a change of clothes, medications, and toiletries if your move is a long one. You also want to keep your valuables such as jewelry and family heirlooms with you. That way you know that they are safe by being able to keep track of them at all times.
You also need to read the small print in the agreement that is given to you by the moving company. Make sure you read everything that is given to you so that you know the restrictions and can accommodate those restrictions before moving day. That way you are prepared and you're not running around looking for a solution that is probably packed away in an unknown box in the back of the moving truck.
Hiring Flat Rate Movers
Meet Nancy. She is a no-nonsense career minded woman who has decided to move to Manhattan from Brooklyn. She plans to rent an apartment here primarily to save money and time on commuting. She knows that since her new office is also situated in the heart of Manhattan city, she will be able to cut down on her traveling and shuttling between home and office..
There is only one challenge which lies in her path. She has never moved or relocated before at anytime in her life. May be once, when she was a kid but then, she was too young to know what was going on at that point in time. She knows that when she hires the services of a local New York moving company, she is going to entrust that company with her precious and prized belongings. She just wants to be doubly sure that the local moving company in New York which she chooses is the one which she can trust blindly.
How do we help her make the right decision? Here are some very important pointers for her:
1. She can research various local moving companies in New York through their websites. She can read about their past history and the various kinds of offers they give.
2. She can check with the Better Business Bureau and find out if any grievances or complaints have been filed against the company.
3. She can also check if the local mover in New York belongs to any trade organizations, such as the American Moving & Storage Association or a state movers association.
4. Another important research point which can work to her benefit is to find out if the local mover is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), of the U.S. Department of Transportation. The website of FMCAS gives a list of only "interstate" companies, meaning those that can move from one state to another. However, you can use an interstate mover, even if you're moving locally within the state.
5. She can check if the New York local company whose services she is going to take has a "dispute settlement" plan in place. This will make reassure her that she will not have any problems with the moving company and even if they do rise, they will be ably resolved.
6. She can contact her friends, neighbors, colleagues and find out if they have had a good or fantastic experience with a particular moving company. Word of mouth publicity is the best publicity for any company.
7. She can check whether the moving is insured or bonded. Highly regarded moving companies whether they are local or interstate, will offer some kind of insurance against damage to her goods or belongings.
8. She should try to get estimates from more than one moving company in New York. This should happen only after she has short-listed some reliable moving companies. She can get a quick estimate on the Internet or simply call up the company for the estimate. A good moving company will always arrange for their representative to come over to her place to see how much share of the belongings can actually be moved. She has to keep the details about the floor of her current residence, the floor of the new residence, the address of her current residence and the address of her new home she will be moving to, ready to get an estimate done. She should let the moving company know if there is a lift or an elevator in either or both of the residences. The other bit of information which a moving company needs is if there is parking space for the moving truck in either or both of the residences. If she lives in apartment which restricts moving hours to certain timings only, then she should let the moving company know about the same also. Nancy can also assume at what hours the traffic would be on the lesser side and instruct the moving company to dispatch the truck accordingly.
New York moving services which do local business charge by the hour only. Like mentioned above in Nancy's case, the circumstances like the floor you presently reside on, the floor you will be moving to, the presence of an elevator on either of the buildings (buildings in affluent areas of New York like Manhattan which has a lot of high rise buildings have elevators in them), the number of luggage and packages that you have and the peak hours of the New York traffic can affect the duration of the move and cause the price for the move to go up also.
Different Types of Moving Companies
These movers will offer their customers a one-rate all-inclusive moving service. In 1999, the concept of a flat rate moving company was introduced to the world. In the United States, it is a very popular type of moving service. Taking advantage of flat rate moving will give you a relocation anywhere that is hassle free. When you contact the moving company to discuss moving your household goods ask them what types of moving services they offer. If they do not mention flat rate moving ask if they offer this service. If they do, they will come to your home and make a note of all that needs to be moved, where you will be moving to, and who will pack and unpack the house. Once they have all the information they will decide the costs and present you with a copy of their bid for their services. If you accept it then a contract will be drawn up listing what services they are offering for the price quoted. Once the contract is signed, it states that they guarantee that there will be no unexpected extra expenses.
When hiring such movers there are many advantages to hiring them, which include:
• It helps eliminate or reduce pricing practices that are questionable. It will also help to build a trust among their customers and potential customers.
• Using flat rate movers ensure that you will know before the move exactly what you will be paying for what services. There will be no hassles of hidden or added charges.
• Flat rate movers may charge a little more than a regular moving company because many regular moving companies charge per hour or distance,
• It is a hassle free move so this can make it more economical when you look at value for money.
• When moving companies charge by the hour has many drawbacks because every minute they are moving your household goods they have to count them. They may not tell you upfront but they could be counting in smoke breaks, breaks to go to the restroom, get gas, lunch, etc. This is an example of hidden charges.
• Flat rate movers give you a complete package of the services you choose with a price quote for just those services. There is also a signed contract between you and the company with the rate listed.
As with regular moving companies, talk to several flat rate movers and compare their flat rate quote and what services they offer for the price quoted. If they are an independent company make sure that they have the right licenses and insurance before hiring. They should also have several years experience moving. Ask for references and check them out.