Quality Moving Companies
Quality moving companies in Delray Beach offer a great deal of services. These services include things such as long distance moving, storage, and packing supplies. All of these things can help assure the prevention of damage to one’s property as well as ultimate convenience and organization. Even though one is ultimately paying for the safety and moving of their items, these extra services can seem like luxury.
First, many moving companies only offer short distance moves in Delray Beach . Fortunately, many quality moving companies offer long distance moves as well. It is becoming more and more common for families to move long distances, so many moving companies are obsolete when it comes to how far they can help you move.
Next, if your move is planned for a long time, or you just need some extra room, then Delray Beach storage is another service that may come in handy. For a price much cheaper than any other room you will rent, you can store a large amount of items for as long as you need. Quality companies always make sure to have working electricity, fair prices, and clean storage units. Lastly, if payments are no longer given to the storage company, then a quality company would make extreme attempts to contact you before making any decisions about what happens with your items.
Moving Companies - Tips About Your Rights
These movers will offer their customers a one-rate all-inclusive moving service. In 1999, the concept of a flat rate moving company was introduced to the world. In the United States, it is a very popular type of moving service. Taking advantage of flat rate moving will give you a relocation anywhere that is hassle free. When you contact the moving company to discuss moving your household goods ask them what types of moving services they offer. If they do not mention flat rate moving ask if they offer this service. If they do, they will come to your home and make a note of all that needs to be moved, where you will be moving to, and who will pack and unpack the house. Once they have all the information they will decide the costs and present you with a copy of their bid for their services. If you accept it then a contract will be drawn up listing what services they are offering for the price quoted. Once the contract is signed, it states that they guarantee that there will be no unexpected extra expenses.
When hiring such movers there are many advantages to hiring them, which include:
• It helps eliminate or reduce pricing practices that are questionable. It will also help to build a trust among their customers and potential customers.
• Using flat rate movers ensure that you will know before the move exactly what you will be paying for what services. There will be no hassles of hidden or added charges.
• Flat rate movers may charge a little more than a regular moving company because many regular moving companies charge per hour or distance,
• It is a hassle free move so this can make it more economical when you look at value for money.
• When moving companies charge by the hour has many drawbacks because every minute they are moving your household goods they have to count them. They may not tell you upfront but they could be counting in smoke breaks, breaks to go to the restroom, get gas, lunch, etc. This is an example of hidden charges.
• Flat rate movers give you a complete package of the services you choose with a price quote for just those services. There is also a signed contract between you and the company with the rate listed.
As with regular moving companies, talk to several flat rate movers and compare their flat rate quote and what services they offer for the price quoted. If they are an independent company make sure that they have the right licenses and insurance before hiring. They should also have several years experience moving. Ask for references and check them out.
Local Moving Companies
Meet Nancy. She is a no-nonsense career minded woman who has decided to move to Manhattan from Brooklyn. She plans to rent an apartment here primarily to save money and time on commuting. She knows that since her new office is also situated in the heart of Manhattan city, she will be able to cut down on her traveling and shuttling between home and office..
There is only one challenge which lies in her path. She has never moved or relocated before at anytime in her life. May be once, when she was a kid but then, she was too young to know what was going on at that point in time. She knows that when she hires the services of a local New York moving company, she is going to entrust that company with her precious and prized belongings. She just wants to be doubly sure that the local moving company in New York which she chooses is the one which she can trust blindly.
How do we help her make the right decision? Here are some very important pointers for her:
1. She can research various local moving companies in New York through their websites. She can read about their past history and the various kinds of offers they give.
2. She can check with the Better Business Bureau and find out if any grievances or complaints have been filed against the company.
3. She can also check if the local mover in New York belongs to any trade organizations, such as the American Moving & Storage Association or a state movers association.
4. Another important research point which can work to her benefit is to find out if the local mover is registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), of the U.S. Department of Transportation. The website of FMCAS gives a list of only "interstate" companies, meaning those that can move from one state to another. However, you can use an interstate mover, even if you're moving locally within the state.
5. She can check if the New York local company whose services she is going to take has a "dispute settlement" plan in place. This will make reassure her that she will not have any problems with the moving company and even if they do rise, they will be ably resolved.
6. She can contact her friends, neighbors, colleagues and find out if they have had a good or fantastic experience with a particular moving company. Word of mouth publicity is the best publicity for any company.
7. She can check whether the moving is insured or bonded. Highly regarded moving companies whether they are local or interstate, will offer some kind of insurance against damage to her goods or belongings.
8. She should try to get estimates from more than one moving company in New York. This should happen only after she has short-listed some reliable moving companies. She can get a quick estimate on the Internet or simply call up the company for the estimate. A good moving company will always arrange for their representative to come over to her place to see how much share of the belongings can actually be moved. She has to keep the details about the floor of her current residence, the floor of the new residence, the address of her current residence and the address of her new home she will be moving to, ready to get an estimate done. She should let the moving company know if there is a lift or an elevator in either or both of the residences. The other bit of information which a moving company needs is if there is parking space for the moving truck in either or both of the residences. If she lives in apartment which restricts moving hours to certain timings only, then she should let the moving company know about the same also. Nancy can also assume at what hours the traffic would be on the lesser side and instruct the moving company to dispatch the truck accordingly.
New York moving services which do local business charge by the hour only. Like mentioned above in Nancy's case, the circumstances like the floor you presently reside on, the floor you will be moving to, the presence of an elevator on either of the buildings (buildings in affluent areas of New York like Manhattan which has a lot of high rise buildings have elevators in them), the number of luggage and packages that you have and the peak hours of the New York traffic can affect the duration of the move and cause the price for the move to go up also.
Local Moving Companies
Finding a moving company that can fit your budget, and your time frame are two points that require major decisions when you are choosing a moving company. But, what most people forget about, or might not even know about are some of their rights and responsibilities when they hire a moving company.
It is a federal law that movers must tell you that they can inspect your packages, your cartons and what you are shipping. If you are doing all the packing yourself, and want to hide something from anyone it is important that you realize that this may not be a privacy issue. Movers, carriers, and drivers have a right to know if they are transporting anything that is illegal, that will explode or that could be considered dangerous when traveling through tunnels or on boats. If you have cargo that looks suspicious the moving company for safety may check your items.
If a carrier is packing your contents of your home or office, you have a right to have a copy of their content listing. This listing should match exactly. If you are packing yourself, you should supply the moving company with an exact listing of what is being transported so there are no questions about the value of the shipments or what was in the shipment.
Moving companies are regulated by federal agencies for your protection. If you are given paperwork about your contents, about where your contents will be taken, about charges or about the company, it is in your best interest to keep all of these papers with you until you have unpacked and organize your new home to ensure that the company has delivered all of your item, within the time frame, and the price that you were quoted.
Movers are not required to give estimates, but if you are given one, also get in writing how much the company could vary higher or lower so you are not surprised later by a high bill. Often time's estimates are just that, estimates and homeowners are surprised at higher bills. Ask questions of your moving company so you understand the charges, and what additional charges could occur.
It is your right to ask for a binding estimate. That is what the total charges could be, and no higher. This is a written estimate stating what the maximum charges are. Your bill might not be as high as the binding estimate, it could be lower, but your charges will
never be higher. This is something you should have in your possession before the move takes place.
Space reservations, and expedited services are something that often times come into play when you hire a moving company. If you need fast services, and you want them right now, you are going to pay more than what you would otherwise if you would have called in advance or waited a few weeks. It is your right to be able to get fast and speedy moving services, but often times this is not going to be the lowest prices you will pay. Understanding this will help you when you want to compare bills with another company.